NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Novi Money, a financial institution that enables you to seamlessly manage your financial life, is excited to announce our inaugural semesterly scholarship. We’re awarding one (1) $1,000 scholarship to a 4th year college student / college senior, and one (1) $1,000 scholarship to a graduate student to help with educational costs. Scholarships will be awarded for the Spring and Fall 2020 semesters.
Sponsor: The Novi Money $1,000 Scholarship Contest (“the Contest”) is sponsored by Novi Money (the “Sponsor”).
“Participant” means a person who is eligible (see “Eligibility” below) to enter the Contest.
The prize: The main prizes are $1,000 USD each. Four (4) total prizes will be given out during the Contest, two (2) for the Spring 2020 semester and two (2) for the Fall 2020 semester. For each semester, one (1) prize will be awarded to a 4th-year undergraduate student and one (1) prize will be awarded to a graduate student. Total approximate value of all prizes is $4,000.
The scholarship prize is not transferable to another individual for any reason. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the scholarship winner. Funds will be disbursed from the Sponsor directly to the school. Sponsor will work directly with the appropriate department at the scholarship winner’s college or university to ensure funds are either distributed to the student or applied to their student account.
How to enter:
Participants may enter the Contest by writing and submitting a short essay of 500 words or less (the “Essay”) answering the following:
What financial challenges have you faced (e.g., staying on a budget, taking on student loans, managing credit card debt, working side jobs) while pursuing higher education? What creative solutions have you applied to face these challenges?
Participants should send the Essay in the body of the email (not an attachment) to email@example.com. Only one entry will be accepted per person. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance of these Rules. By submitting an entry, participants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules. Participants also agree that the decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
2. Contest Territory. Contest entries are limited to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and are void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Sponsor reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify the Contest in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
3. Contest Period. The Contest will begin on October 21, 2019 at 12:00 am EST and end on December 20, 2019 at 11:59 pm for the Spring 2020 prizes. The Contest will begin on January 9, 2020 at 12:00 am EST and end on May 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST for the Fall 2020 prizes.
4. Eligibility. To be eligible, participants must be at least 18 years old to enter and must be enrolled as a college senior (i.e., entering at least their fourth year of college-level studies) or a graduate student (i.e., in a master’s or doctoral program) and pursuing a degree at a college or university or an educational institution whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and is accredited by a recognized U.S. accreditation agency. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Contest any Participant it believes has violated these Official Rules. Sponsor will verify eligibility of participants.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel the Contest in its entirety, if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention.
Employees, officers, or directors of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their children, parents, spouse, and members of their household are ineligible to participate.
5. Effective date of entries. Entries will be effective on the day received. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Participants are responsible for costs of entering, including online access charges, long distance telephone charges, and postage.
6. Selection of winners. Essays will be judged by a panel consisting of three (3) personal finance professionals. Each essay will be given a score based on 1) relevance to the prompt question, 2) clarity of writing and organization, 3) creativity and thoughtfulness, and 4) storytelling skill. Equal weight will be given to each of the four (4) criteria listed. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. In the event that a tie remains after re-judging, the entry with the highest score in the storytelling criteria will be declared the winner.
Winners will be contacted via the email address provided on January 20, 2020 for the Spring 2020 prizes and June 15, 2020 for the Fall 2020 prizes.
7. Participants’ and winners’ representations and warranties. Each Participant warrants and represents that the Essay for this Contest is wholly original and their own creation, and that he or she is the sole owner of all rights (other than Sponsor’s) relating to the Essay, and that nothing contained in his or her Essay infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy for which Participant has not obtained a license to use. Participant warrants and represents that the Essay does not contain anything for which the Participant was compensated or granted any consideration by any third party.
Winners must agree to the use of their names, voices, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. Winners cessation of rights to Essays. Winners irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor and its agents, licensees and assignees all rights in their Essay, including, without limitation, all copyrights and grant to the Sponsor and its agents, licensees and assigns the right to reproduce, publish, broadcast/use, adapt, delete, edit and/or modify the Essay in any manner or format, for any programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, and in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity, in all languages and versions, and without additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
9. Expenses and taxes responsibility of Participant. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Notification of winners. Contest winner will be notified by email. If not by email then by phone, if applicable. An email will be sent to the winner within two weeks after the completed evaluation. All decisions are final and binding. Should the email be returned to the Sponsor as invalid, two more attempts will be made via email. Winners must contact the Sponsor within three (3) calendar days from the date the notification is sent by Sponsor to claim their prize. Failure to contact Sponsor within that 3-day period will result in immediate disqualification of the selected entrant and a new winner will be selected. No exceptions will be made to this rule. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
11. Claiming a prize. Winners must execute and return any documentation including but not limited to waiver and release forms required by Sponsor, in its sole discretion and as applicable to the Contest, within three (3) calendar days of notification by Sponsor, to Participant(s) provided email address and/or phone number, that they have won the Contest and/or Prize. Prize may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of a winner, and is nontransferable. Sponsor reserves the ability at their sole discretion to choose alternate winner(s) in the event of a disqualification or ineligibility.
12. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
13. Other conditions. Sponsor, its agents and representatives, its affiliates, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and will not be liable for (I) late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, unintelligible or postage due entries; (II) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (III) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (IV) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause this Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (V) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Contest, or from participation in the Contest; or (VI) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Contest.
14. Indemnification. Participants agree to release and hold Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any specific social media website. Participants understand that they are willingly providing their information to the Sponsor. For information on how this information is stored, please consult the Sponsor’s privacy policies.
15. Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of California.
Sponsor does not and shall not discriminate in any manner on the basis of race, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity, or ethnicity in conducting this Contest, employment or advertising practices. Should you become aware of any discriminatory practices in connection with this Contest please contact Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org.