EFFECTIVE DATE: March 15, 2019
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your information, including your personal information, will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Novi Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your particular interaction with our Services, but generally includes the below information.
Account Registration. To create an account, you must provide your name and email address. We also may collect additional information from you, including your experience with our financial planning calculators and the variables you input into them and your financial profile, such as your financial experience and other information about your finances you choose to include.
Online Chat Service. If you utilize our online chat service, we will collect your name, email address and information about your interaction with the chat service, including a record of your conversation. We retain chat session transcripts for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service. By utilizing our chat service, you agree that we may use the transcript of your chat sessions for our own internal research and customer service purposes.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites. If you would like to comment on our blog articles [or user forum] you may log into our Services through your Facebook account. If you log into our Services using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook username and password. We will ask that you grant us permission to: (i) access and collect your Facebook basic profile information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook account. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public on Facebook.
We store the information that we receive from Facebook with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information. The information we automatically collect includes:
- Your domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; and
- Any variable inputs you put into our calculators.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you or otherwise post on the Services, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To send you news and newsletters and email marketing about our products and services. We may also send you email marketing about our affiliated entities products and services, as well as email marketing about products and services of other entities that we think may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- For research and analytics purposes, including research on financial literacy, how our users utilize financial products and services, and to identify and study general financial trends.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- If you have granted us permission to post to your Facebook Wall.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may disclose your information to third-party service providers that host the Services for us.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Novi Site Visitors. Your name, Facebook profile picture, and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to provide our financial calculators, to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site, Services, and on third-party sites
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and app users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Interest-Based Advertising section.
Interest-Based Advertising Choices. Users in the United States may opt out of many interest-based advertising networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site, your posting may become public and Novi cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at Support@novimoney.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.